Road Trippin' This Holiday Season

Thanksgiving is quickly rushing upon us. For those of you who may travel long distances, I can honestly say - I do not know your struggles. All of my family is right within a three mile area. I have known people throughout my life who took long journey's to other states for the holidays and I remember in school - my friends would tell me of these great adventures and the places they stopped at to eat from, along the way. 

If you are making your way into the Huntsville area, or simply passing through - do yourself a favor when hunger hits your family and stop at the Chick-fil-A on University Drive. Although, we do have a Chick-fil-A a whole lot closer to us, this one is just so awesome that we drove thirty minutes to it, when there was one just two minutes down the road. 


This was just a portion of the meals we had received. We headed out to celebratemy three year old son working very hard the past week to get one hundred percent potty trained! His chart for his reward stickers while doing so, had a space for when you reached a reward point. We put Chick-fil-A Dates in the spaces. He got to them very quickly so we went on a congratulatory date. We had two Chicken Sandwich Combos, a Southwest Salad, a Frozen Coffee, and (two) four piece Chicken Nugget Kid's Meals. Needless to say, I managed to snap a picture of my food. When at the window, we were asked about sauce, and I chose the Chick-fil-A sauce and oh my, it is the best thing I've ever tasted in the way of a dipping sauce (even better with the waffle fries).

Upon arrival, we noticed they had employees outside in the drive thru line taking orders in person, with tablets. I had to snap a photo of our order taker Katherine, as she was very polite and went over everything to make sure nothing was left out. She was out in the chilly weather with a bright smile on her face as both my sister and I had mentioned, there's no way we could do that out in the cold. She smiles and says it doesn't bother her one bit. That's true dedication because I can't say that I wouldn't complain even in slightly cool weather as it was yesterday. When my sister was reading our list out to her (we do this in an organized, fool-proof way), my sister asked, "What flavors do the Frosted Coffees come in?" and while I was explaining that it's simply, well...coffee flavor, Katherine explains what it's made up of and that it was just that. Exceptional service from Katherine and I believe she deserves major recognition for her hard work and dedication to her work place!


We had a fantastic experience at the CFA on University Drive, and will be back for more great times very soon! The food was fresh and hot, very delicious, and all three workers we encountered were very nice. You won't find employees more friendly that those that work at a CFA location! This restaurant is a person favorite of mine, and I can't wait to visit Huntsville again, more likely this coming Friday!

Disclaimer: I received meal cards in exchange for blog post and social media boost from Chick-fil-A on University Drive. I was not compensated in any other way. All opinions are 100% my own, honest opinions.

Comments