Zipadee-Zip Review

Sorry for the delay everyone. If you currently follow me on Instagram, you know I have been sharing about the Zipadee-Zip for awhile now. I have had some family matters come up such as my husband's grandfather getting much sicker, very fast at the end of December to the beginning of January, and his cancer did ultimately end in him passing away. I took some time away from a lot of things to comfort my husband in this difficult time. 

Then, on January 26, our newest addition was finally born!


A princess at last, to accompany the prince. She was born at 3 pm and outweighed her big brother's birth weight at 7 pounds 14 ounces (he was 7 pounds 9 ounces). Although, when we finally left the hospital, she was even with her brother's weight when we left with him at a nice 7 lb 6 oz. Everything went smoothly, and quite quick if I must say so myself. The only thing we had to have checked up on was her bilirubin levels, as she had a touch of jaundice, but nothing significant. 

While we had everything we could possibly need for her, I had the opportunity to receive and try out a Zipadee-Zip for the princess from Sleepingbaby.com. I was a little skeptical at first because of the way it's made. I really didn't know how it could possibly be comfortable for her due to the design, but I will not lie, she absolutely LOVES it!


The design makes it very comfortable for baby. While keeping them nice and snug, they get a constant swaddle feel from it, while having the room to move around some. This is great because while she loves to be swaddled, she will always manage to wiggle her arms free. 


While in the hospital, the nurses in the nursery didn't like her having clothes or pajamas on because she was having to spend time underneath a jaundice light ever so often, so I slapped the Zipadee-Zip on her and they praised how easy it was, versus the rest of her clothes I brought, to get her out of for her light time. So, most of our hospital stay she spent warm in this. It's made of very soft material, light, but warm. This one was a size small, for 7 lbs and up a few pounds but it kind of swallows her from the belly down. Although, under the impression that they were for babies of any age/size, since it is more of an alternative to swaddling, to help ease them in the transition of moving away from swaddles, they are more ideal for babies 3 months and old (or 12 pounds and up). So, while not really for babies as small as she is, since she loves it, we will keep on using it! (We really love it!)

These can also be worn while on car rides, as you can buckle them into their strollers, car seats, etc. while in the Zipadee-Zip. This makes life so much easier on us parents. Although for my little one, hers is so long on her, we can't really buckle her into her car seat if she has it on, but I know we will quickly grow into that!

You can read here the list of wonderful perks that come from using the Zipadee-Zip!

They come in a variety of sizes, and very adorable designs! You can get them for older kids as well (not just younger babies). They have designs for boys, girls, or if you're waiting until birth to find out the gender, they have a gender neutral section as well. I really love the Zipadee-Zip and have really enjoyed trying this out as it's been amazing and it keeps her so soothed (and has really been a blessing with helping her stay asleep for most of the night, on her own!). 

These are absolutely fantastic, and I recommend them to all of you! If you wish to purchase a Zipadee-Zip, you can find them on their site for $31.95 and up.

*Disclaimer: I was sent this product in exchange for a review. All opinions are 100% my own, honest opinions. I was not compensated in any other way.

Comments